Welcome to our web site
Why Malibu Customz?
At Malibu Customz, we spent years researching and experimenting with different processes and materials until we were confident that we were making the best possible carbon fiber products. We will not ship a product that we would not be proud enough to put on one of our own show cars. We use the best raw materials in a state-of–the-art facility to produce products with an immaculate finish, precise fit and quality mounting hardware.
- Excellence delivered
- Quality delivered
- Created by craftsmen, for the enthusiast
- When good is not good enough
What is Carbon Fiber?
Carbon Fiber was developed in the early 1960s. It is extremely light and strong – compared to steel it is three times lighter and four times as strong. Its first use was in reinforcing composites, such as fiberglass in aircrafts.
Today carbon fiber is used in a wide variety of products including:
- Fishing rods
- Boats and oars
- Archery arrows
- Musical instruments
In motor sports, carbon fiber’s use has grown rapidly. Carbon fiber is so incredibly light and strong that Formula 1 cars even use it for suspension parts.
In the 1990s, the automobile aftermarket discovered carbon fiber. Clearcoated carbon fiber’s unique look can really distinguish a custom car. Soon a wide variety of carbon fiber parts were available, everything from hoods to battery covers and more.
What to look for in a carbon fiber product.
- Make sure that the product is really carbon fiber, some companies finish fiber glass parts to look like carbon fiber, but no carbon fiber is actually used.
- Hardware – take a look at the hinges and latches. Do they look like your stock parts? Or do they look like a flimsy afterthought?
- Is the carbon fiber smooth under the clearcoat? Look carefully to see that it is even.
- Is the clearcoat clear? This sounds obvious but some products have a yellowish tint in the clearcoat.
- Look underneath the hood. Does it look like the ‘bracing’ on a factory hood?